Weekly progress: ~11, May 2008
I’d like to report this week’s progress of syoyo’s activilty
– E-mail discussion with renderer writers in worldwide(almost everyday).
– Read few SIGGRAPH 2008 papers
– Played with Pure language
Pure is a functional language with LLVM backend.
I like it’s syntax and interoperavility of C language.
RenderMan Shading Language to LLVM compiler prototype project started.
rsl2llvm is written in Python.
– Implementing beam tracing
I’m continueing to write beam tacing and trying to combine it with visibility gradient.
Beam and analytic rendering will be the next-gen rendering tech(next to Monte Carlo rendering).
– held OoO(Offline meeting for Offline renderer writers)
It’s a secret meeting 🙂
We’ve discussed many offline rendering tech.